Sunday, December 18, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas...

Over the past week I have done some Christmas things with the chidren. They are really into the whole Christmas thing. Here are the two oldest- very proud of the tree they helped decorate.

They were so enthused they decorated their room too!

I had a Christmas party for the children and had some of their friends over. One thing we did was dress up and act out the nativity story. Here are all the "wise men" trying to give baby Jesus their gifts. One even brought a stuffed kangaroo as a gift!

Some of the children who came who dressed up to act out the story of the birth of baby Jesus. It was very funny to watch them act it all out. I think though that their favourite part was getting all dressed up.

All the children decorated cookies. Here are Josiah and his friend Drake, with their decorated cookies. (That is not blood on Josiah's forehead. A few hours earlier Tim took him for a haircut and he came home with red gel on his bangs).

The children decorated this gingerbread house. In past years I have made the gingerbread myself but this year I am trying to take it easier because of the upcoming baby so I bought this one :)

Everyday they make me or their dad christmas cards and gifts. The funny thing is that they want us to have them right away not on Christmas day. They also like to make things to mail their Grandmas.

I am getting excited about the upcoming birth of our fourth baby. He or she should make their appearance sometime this month or in the beginning of Jan. I am doing very well but starting to feel very ready to meet this little one :)

1 comment: