Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Four is More


So all the time people ask me "How is it havin four children?" The honest answer is that it is a real blessing and a real challange. At the beginning it was rough but now finally (Isaac will be two months in a week) we are finding our groove or rather I am. Isaac like to be held most of the time (and I think it is best for young babies to be in arms most of the time), so I find my baby carriers invaluable. He takes several naps a day on my back this way. Sometimes Isaac is fussy and can even cry (when he and Samuel cry at the same time- that is hard) but he more then makes up for it all the times he snuggles into me or smiles at me:).

All this does not mean we do not have times of chaos. Like the time I was nursing Isaac on the couch and Josiah comes running into say that Samue had poop on his bare butt and was n my bed. I had to leave Isaac sreaming on the couch while I put Samuel in the tub. Of course, this only happens when Tim is gone, which he is a lot. Usually though things are calmer and are getting easier. I can usually get supper made and on the table by 6pm. The house is reasonably clean and we do school most days. Most nights I even do a French lesson. Most days I feel happy and well rested. I would say that four children are doable if you are flexible, lean on God and have a sense of homour!

One thing that cracks me up is complete strangers asking me, quite often too, "Do you think you will have any more children?" I say "Perhaps!" I truly believe that children are a huge blessing, many are great! Sadly our culture does not usually agree but whatever. I think societal norms are something to be questioned and challanged not blindly follwed, something I have been thinking about a lot lately. Perhaps later I will share some thoughts but for now I am off to bed. Days are always better when I get enough sleep at night.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about them being a blessings, and of course there is that transition period when we all need to adjust to have a new little blessing in our home :-)

    You are a wonderful mama Virginia, thank you for being a great example for all of us !

    ReplyDelete