Thursday, August 16, 2012

Homemade Fun

The past three weeks we have been quarantining ourselves since we all(except for Tim) have a lovely case of the whooping cough.There is an outbreak in the area and we got it.So we have been doing a variety of fun activities in the house and around the yard since we cannot really go anywhere. My Mom, "The Grandma in BC" as the children call her, likes to send stickers to the children. They love putting stickers all over the house but I found this to be one of the funniest applications yet. He did not mind. stickers
Josiah kept asking about camping so one day I decided to set up the tent in the livingroom. I could have done the backyard but getting up with multiple people having coughing fits in the night is bad enough in a house, lets forgo doing that in a tent I decided. So the livingroom was a handy second choice. In fact no one seemed disappointed, this tent was a huge hit for all the children.
They played in it all day, "camping", playing lions (see the fierce lion below), hauling stuff in and out. Then Josiah and Annah slept in there for the night. They stayed up till 10:30pm in there but had a lot of fun doing so.
Another day Annah took a bunch of photos and she wants me to post the one below she took of me. I have been doing pretty good though I will be happy if I never hear another cough again. Due to the WC who have had to postpone out big trip to BC till the fall. This was very disappointing for me but I am glad we still get to go later. Since we are no longer contagious anymore and are slowly starting to feel better I think we will venture out a bit this coming week. However, I think it will be a few more weeks till the two little ones are fully recovered. Well I would have rather never had WC I am glad we are staring to see the end of it. On the positive side we should have life-long immunity now unlike the dubious, temporary coverage offered by the vaccine. I am thankful that no one got seriously ill and that it was summer so we could get out of the house and enjoy the healing sun or I may have gone cabin-fever crazy :) me

No comments:

Post a Comment