Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter!

I love Easter. It is in the spring when everything is turning green. I like all the chocolate. But even more then that is that fact that it is a celebration that Christ has risen and is alive! For me this is why I believe, because my God is a powerful, majestic, ever-loving God. He loved me enough to die for me yet is powerful enough that not only did He rise again but in doing so he conquered death and hell itself. He is ot some passive, feel-good, mold-him-how-you-want, deity but He truly is the KING of kings. And the celebration of Easter captures a glimpse of this all.
I did some stuff with the hildre to try and make this relevant for them and we also did some stuff just for fun. I read them the Easter story of Christ and we acted it out. Tim and I also did an egg hunt for them which they loved.


Little man got his first taste of chocolate.

On Easter morning I made "resurrection buns" with A and J. I saw this idea somewhere on the Internet where you put a marshmallow (we only had minis) in the centre of some dough with some cinnamon and butter on it and bake it for 15 minutes. The marshmallow represents the body of Christ, and the dough is the tomb and the other stuff represent the oil and spices they put on his body.

Then when you take the bun out of the oven and open it, the tomb is empty just like how Jesus when he rose, the tomb was found empty. Josiah really got it but Annah was not impressed her marshmallows melted so she just poked at it (or cut it as the case may be).

Tim played the drums at church and I tried to get a good pic but here is the best one. He is the best drummer out there!! And the handsomest too :)

And here is a quick family photo of us all. Happy Easter everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Love the family picture, and Annah's expression in the first picture is ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete